Welcome to Kent Middle School!
Parcel Tax Senior Exemptions Health Updates & Info Notice of RFP
March 10 Now Regular Instructional Day
On January 5, 2023, the KSD closed both schools due to power outages, the uncertainty of PG&E power restoration/maintenance, and its impact on school operations. Our staff continued to work through the day remotely and on-site and children stayed home in the safe care of an adult. Together our instructional staff and administration agreed to make up this lost day of learning by converting March 10, 2023 (professional development/non-student day) into a regular instructional day. We are disappointed to lose out on a professional learning day for our staff, although we look forward to having our students on-site for a day of learning. Please mark your calendars regarding this calendar change.
Tuesday, February 7, 2023
- 6th Grade Basketball vs. White Hill, (Girls 4-5 p.m., Boys 5-6 p.m.)
- School Board meeting, 5-8 p.m.
Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- 7th Grade Basketball vs. White Hill (Girls 4-5 p.m.; Boys 5-6 p.m.)
- Technology Committee meeting, 4-5 p.m.
- Redwood High School Presentation for Families, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- KIK Board meeting, 7-9 p.m., District Office
Thursday, February 9, 2023
- 8th Grade Basketball vs. White Hill (Boys are 4-5 p.m.)
Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- 6th Grade Basketball vs. Mark Day (Girls 4-5 p.m., Boys 5-6 p.m.)
Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- 7th Grade Basketball vs. Mark Day (Girls 4-5 p.m.; Boys 5-6 p.m.)
- Communication Committee, 4-5 p.m.
- Kent ELAC meeting, 4:45-6 p.m., Kent Library
Thursday, February 16, 2023
- 8th Grade Basketball vs. Mark Day (Boys 4-5 p.m., Girls 5-6 p.m.)
- Vigilant Parent Initiative Night in partnership with Marin County Sheriff's Office register for our register here. Translation will be provided., 5:30 p.m., Kent Library
February 20-24, 2023: President's Recess - No School
Kent Basketball Practice Times & Game Schedules
Schedule Change Note: Thursday, 2/9, Kent 8th grade boys host White Hill at 4 p.m.
There is no 8th grade girls' game because White Hill does not have an 8th girls team.
- 8th girls- Mondays, 3:45- 4:45 p.m.
- 8th boys- Mondays, 4:45- 5:45 p.m.
- 7th girls- Thursdays, 3:45- 4:45 p.m.
- 7th boys- Fridays, 3:45- 4:45 p.m.
- 6th girls- Wednesdays, 3:45- 4:45 p.m.
- 6th boys- Wednesdays, 4:45- 5:45 p.m.
Resources and Information
School Lunch Program: Information and Free & Reduced Lunch Application
Marin County Office of Education Extreme Weather Information – Power Outages, Extreme Heat, Air Quality, and Winter Weather
Integrated Pest Management: AR 3514.2 Business and Noninstructional Operations
District Policy on Parent Classroom Visits: BP 1250 Community Relations
School Board and District Committees
Rewarding Job Opportunities
Are you interested in part time work in a school setting? Do you enjoy working with small groups of students?
If so there are two ways you can engage in this type of work. Apply for an open Classroom Paraprofessional position or sign up to be a substitute for the Kentfield School District. We need to build our pool of paraprofessionals and substitute teachers. If you are interested in either of these roles please reach out to email@example.com or follow the directions below.
Getting To and From Kent Middle School
All visitors to Kent Middle School must enter school grounds through the main office. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office.
- Please consider walking or biking to campus. Visit Safe Routes to School to discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Kent!
- Learn how to get to school safely with tips and neighborhood route maps.
800 College Avenue, Kentfield, CA 94904
Telephone: (415) 458-5970 | Fax: (415) 458-5973
Attendance Reporting: (415) 458-5972
Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m. on school days.
Please note: Some Wednesdays after 2:00 p.m., the office may be closed due to staff meetings.