Welcome to Kent Middle School!
KSD School Lunch Program – October Menu Now Posted
The School Lunch FAQ provides information about our school lunch program and how it impacts the KSD operations, this FAQ is a living document and will be updated regularly.
To sign up for school lunch follow this link: www.kentfieldschools.org/families/school-lunch-program
Save the Date: International Walk to School Day – Wednesday, Oct. 12
Parents, please tell your students to “Get Their Move On!” If they Walk, Bike, or Skate to School on October 12 they can enter a raffle for prizes. Students who Park and Walk (walk 10 minutes) are also getting the benefits of active travel to school, and will be included. Walking and Biking is good for their health, it reduces pollution and traffic, and it’s Good Times! Event sponsored by Safe Routes to Schools
Fall Ahtletics Schedules
Cross Country: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:45- 4:45 p.m.
Flag Football: Mondays and Thursdays, 3:45-4:45 p.m.; games until 5 p.m. (download schedule)
6th Volleyball: practice on Wednesdays from 2-3 p.m. (download schedule)
7th Volleyball: practice Wednesdays from 5-6 p.m. (download schedule)
8th grade Volleyball: practice on Wednesdays from 4-5 p.m. (download schedule)
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- Parents in Action, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Bacich Room 7
Thursday, September 29, 2022
- Cross Country Meet @ Kent, 4-5 p.m.
- 6th Grade Volleyball Game vs. Hall, 4:45-5:45 p.m.
- 8th Grade Volleyball @ Mill Valley, 4:45-5:45 p.m.
- KSD Family Resource Night, 5:30-7 p.m., download flyer (English & Spanish version), Bacich Community Center
Monday, October 3, 2022
- 6th Grade Volleyball Game vs. Del Mar, 4:45-5:45 p.m.
- KSPTA meeting, 7-8 p.m.
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Governance Workshop, 8-10 a.m.
- Kent Site Council meeting, 3:30- 4:30 p.m.
- District English Learning Advisory Committee (DELAC) meeting, 5-6 p.m.
Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Yom Kippur - No School
Thursday, October 6, 2022:
- Flag Football vs Davidson, 4-5 p.m.
- 8th Grade Volleyball vs. Good Shepherd, 4:45-5:45 p.m.
Friday, October 7, 2022
- End of Hex 1
Friday, October 14, 2022
- Kent Principal Coffee, 8:45-10 a.m., Kent Library
Thursday, October 20, 2022
- Kent ELAC meeting, 8:30- 10 a.m.
Health and Safety Updates
The Marin County Public Health continues to enforce the Marin County SMARTER Schools Plan for the 2022-2023 school year, this is the same plan that was implemented at the conclusion of the 2021-2022 school year.
Marin County Public Health is urging COVID testing for symptomatic individuals, exposure and/or high risk activity. Here is guidance from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) specifying situations in which to test. Families are urged to have test kits in the home, which can be obtained from the school offices during regular school hours or at local pharmacies.
If you test positive please report to Laurel Yrun at email@example.com, no need to report negative test results. The KSD will continue to reference Marin County’s Public Health’s Isolation, Quarantine, and Travel Guidance for TK-12 Schools to address COVID exposure.
COVID-19 Tests: www.findacovidtest.org for up to date information on where antigen tests may be available.
District Policy on Sexual Harassment
Integrated Pest Management
District Policy on Parent Classroom Visits
Uniform Complaint Procedures
Resources and Information
School Lunch Program: Information and Free & Reduced Lunch Application
- Our website has been recently updated with information and resources for homeless and foster youth according to the McKinney-Vento Act, which defines homeless children and youths as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
Marin County Office of Education Extreme Weather Information – Power Outages, Extreme Heat, Air Quality, and Winter Weather
School Board and District Committees
Regular School Board Meeting: Tuesday, October 11, 2022, 5-8 p.m.
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
- Board Meeting Schedule & Agendas (from March 16, 2022 to present)
- Board Meeting Agenda Archive (March 11, 2008 – March 8, 2022)
Visit the School Board page for the archived videos of board meetings, letters to the community, agendas, and minutes.
- District English Learning Advisory Committee (DELAC) meeting, October 4, 2022, 5-6 p.m.
- Technology Committee meeting, October 12, 4-5 p.m.
Rewarding Job Opportunities
Are you interested in part time work in a school setting? Do you enjoy working with small groups of students?
If so there are two ways you can engage in this type of work. Apply for an open Classroom Paraprofessional position or sign up to be a substitute for the Kentfield School District. We need to build our pool of paraprofessionals and substitute teachers. If you are interested in either of these roles please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the directions below.
Be a KSD Substitute
On Tuesday, May 17th the KSD hosted a brief meeting for interested KSD community members to become substitutes for their child's school. We are looking for substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, yard supervisors and office support staff.
Opportunities at Kent
If interested, Kent Middle School is looking for Yard Supervision to support on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 12:30-1:30 p.m. To be considered for this role please apply HERE.
If you are interested in working as the front desk/attendance secretary at Kent Middle School next academic year, please contact Jeanne Sellers at email@example.com.
Getting To and From Kent Middle School
All visitors to Kent Middle School must enter school grounds through the main office. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office.
- Please consider walking or biking to campus. Visit Safe Routes to School to discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Kent!
- Learn how to get to school safely with tips and neighborhood route maps.
800 College Avenue, Kentfield, CA 94904
Telephone: (415) 458-5970
Fax: (415) 458-5973
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. school days.