Welcome to Kent Middle School!
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
- Board Equity & Inclusion Committee meeting, 4-5 p.m., agenda
- Digital Literacy Training, 6- 8 p.m.
- Training in Aeries, Parent Square, School Foodies, Sign-Up Genius. Pizza and water will be served at 5:30 p.m. Learn more.
December 1-3, 2021: KSPTA Kid's Closet clothing collection, Bacich Community Center, learn more
Wednesday, December 1, 2021
- KSD Finance Sub-Committee meeting, 2:30-4 p.m.
Friday, December 3, 2021
- Kent Principal Chat, 8:45-10 a.m., Zoom
Monday, December 6, 2021
- Please note, starting on this date KSD will be formally requesting verification of fully vaccinated 5-11 years olds.
- KSPTA meeting, 7-8 p.m., Zoom, information
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
- Family Partners Meeting, 4-5 p.m.
- District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC) meeting, 5-6:15 p.m.
- Kent Yearbook Art submissions due to Melissa. Stephens
Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- KSPTA Parent Education Event, "Raising Healthy, Caring and Successful Children in Today’s Complicated World with Dr. Laura Kastner, Ph.D" 6:30-8 p.m., Zoom
Thursday, December 9, 2021
- Marin Public Health Update for the School Community with Dr. Matt Willis and Dr. Lisa Santora, 4 p.m., Zoom
- This update is for all school staff, teachers, parents, guardians and the community
- The session will be recorded and posted on the Rethinking Schools website.
- Live Spanish Translation will be available.
- Winter Voices-4th Grade, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Friday, December, 10, 2021
- Kent private high school requests due to Lisa Sandberg, email@example.com
Saturday, December 11, 2021
- KSPTA Kids Closet Event, Bacich Community Center, learn more
Health and Safety Updates
Student Vaccination Verification
The Kentfield School District is following protocols from the Marin County Office of Education and the Marin County Department of Health and Human Services for scenarios and actions related to COVID-19 exposures and cases.
The Marin Schools Public Health COVID-19 Exposure Protocols for various scenarios can be found HERE. We recognize the situation with COVID-19 continues to adjust, thus KSD will update processes and procedures accordingly. Please reference the Marin County Decision Tree for additional guidance. To reference exposure cases for the KSD visit our KSD Dashboard webpage.
In alignment with Public Health guideline #30, the KSD is requesting vaccination verification of all students who have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Please note that no personal identifiable information will be shared.
- Parents/Guardians may submit verification digitally HERE.
Letters for Parents/Guardians on pediatric second dose scheduling and vaccine cards from Marin Public Health
- Marin Public Health Letter to Parents/Guardians 11-29-2021-English
- Marin Public Health Letter to Parents/Guardians 11-29-2021-Spanish
All on-campus volunteers must be vaccinated.
If you are volunteering on campus working with children in any capacity, please complete the KSD’s vaccination verification process before you come to campus.
Marin County Decision Trees - September 22, 2021
- Decision Tree for Exposures to COVID-19 in Child Care and Households/Community - 9.22.21
- Decision Tree for Exposure to a Positive Person in TK-12 Schools & Programs/Activities Serving TK-12 School aged Children - 9.22.21
- Decision Tree for Symptoms (in all settings) - 9.22.21
District Policy on Sexual Harassment
Integrated Pest Management
District Policy on Parent Classroom Visits
Uniform Complaint Procedures
Resources and Information
School Lunch Program: Information and Free & Reduced Lunch Application
- Our website has been recently updated with information and resources for homeless and foster youth according to the McKinney-Vento Act, which defines homeless children and youths as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
Marin County Office of Education Extreme Weather Information – Power Outages, Extreme Heat, Air Quality, and Winter Weather
School Board and District Committees
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
Visit the School Board page for the archived videos of board meetings, letters to the community, agendas, and minutes.
Rewarding Job Opportunities
Are you interested in part time work in a school setting? Do you enjoy working with small groups of students?
If so there are two ways you can engage in this type of work. Apply for an open Classroom Paraprofessional position or sign up to be a substitute for the Kentfield School District. We need to build our pool of paraprofessionals and substitute teachers. If you are interested in either of these roles please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the directions below.
Getting To and From Kent Middle School
All visitors to Kent Middle School must enter school grounds through the main office. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office.
- Please consider walking or biking to campus. Visit Safe Routes to School to discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Kent!
- Learn how to get to school safely with tips and neighborhood route maps.
Security Camera Installation
This past summer and fall we continued to put the final touches on various district bond projects including the installation of security cameras at both of our school sites. The purpose of these cameras is to offer surveillance on our school sites and to deter any unwanted activities.
Per the KSD Board Policy 3515 prior to the operation of the surveillance system signage must be posted and the community shall be made aware of surveillance occurring. The cameras have been installed outside our campus and directed towards outside activity and not pointing into buildings. Please be aware that the recordings captured by these cameras may be used in disciplinary proceedings, and referred to local law enforcement, as appropriate. The cameras will not be fully activated until all signage is appropriately posted and visible to the public.
800 College Avenue, Kentfield, CA 94904
Telephone: (415) 458-5970
Fax: (415) 458-5973
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. school days.