Welcome to Kent Middle School!
Please visit our new Distance Learning Portal
We have a new, redesigned website for support, resources, and media during the school closure.KSD Distance Learning Portal
800 College Avenue, Kentfield, CA 94904
Telephone: (415) 458-5970
Fax: (415) 458-5973
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. school days.
- Please note: Some Wednesdays after 2:00 p.m. office may be closed due to staff meetings.
Classes Suspended To Mitigate Spread of COVID-19
Campuses close to students; Schools continue to offer meals, resources
All previously scheduled on-campus events have been canceled for the duration of the school closure.
To further mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in Marin County, Marin County Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Marin County Office of Education (MCOE) announced that all public school campuses will suspend classroom instruction to students for at least two weeks beginning March 16. Announcement available in English and Spanish.
School leaders are in close contact with the County Department of Health and Human Services to obtain the most current guidance related to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- April 7, 2020: Letter from Superintendent on closure of school campuses in the six Bay Area counties through the end of this school year.
- April 3, 2020: School Board Letter to the Community on distance learning, equity, and access
- Weekly Town Hall Meetings with Congressman Jared Huffman: Every Wednesday at noon Congressman Huffman will host a Facebook Live Town Hall to provide COVID-19 updates. Visit facebook.com/RepHuffman.
- California State Senator Mike McGuire is hosting Telephone Town Halls. Check his website for updates and meeting archives. https://sd02.senate.ca.gov
- Information and sample surveys for the upcoming survey of 5th and 7th grade students, faculty, and parents.
Bacich Principal Search
Please contribute your thoughts on who the school's next leader should be by completing this short form.
A committee of teachers, school staff, administrators, and parents is needed to paperscreen and interview the top candidates, and to recommend a final choice to the School Board. If you are interested in participating on this committee, please email Superintendent Liz Schott. Committee membership requires at least three full days, so please take that into consideration prior to volunteering to help.
Find a Carpool – Save Time – Reduce Traffic
Safe Routes to School and the Kent Eco-Action club have designed a carpool campaign to help link families who would like to carpool. It's easy. Enter your contact information in the link below:
Incoming 5th Graders: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office - postponed
- Please complete the Proof of Residency form and bring documentation with you.
5th - 7th Grade ONLY Private School Application Instructions:
- Please contact Lisa Sandberg at email@example.com.
- Do not send teacher requests for teacher recommendations directly to teachers, all transcript and teacher recommendations need to go through Lisa Sandberg.
Yearbook Order Code: 7587
For ordering help, call The Yearbook Order Center toll free at 866-287-3096 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Yearbook Order Center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Llama al 866-287-3096 si necesitas un operador en español.
On this sign-up link, you will find all Kent volunteer opportunities. Please join us and volunteer for one or more of these roles. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions on role and/or time commitments. Thank you for all you do for our school!
Aeries Email Delivery Issues?
If you think you haven't been receiving emails you should have received, please be aware that many email vendors mis-identify legitimate mass-maile7587d communications as "spam" or "junk" mail. Here is a set of instructions to "whitelist" Aeries/SignalKit as a "safe sender" with some of the most common email providers.
Keep in mind that you can always view ALL messages that have been sent to you on your Aeries Communications Feed, either online or in the Aeries Mobile App - available for free download for Apple or Android.
New Student Registration
Due to COVID-19 precautions, all school tours have been cancelled for the remainder of this school year.
Incoming 5th Graders: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m. -postponed
"Marin’s best public elementary school? Website declares winner."
School Board and District Committees
Next Regular School Board Meeting: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 5 p.m., will be held virtually
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting. When available, the PDF of the Agenda will be posted here.
- Board Meeting Highlights
Kentfield School District Board of Trustees Meeting Live Video
We are providing virtual access to a Board Meeting. Comments will not be monitored during the meeting, but may be responded to in the coming days.
- Click here for the Board Meeting Live Video.
Kentfield School District Board of Trustees Meeting Video en Vivo
Estamos haciendo acceso virtual a una reunión de la Junta. Los comentarios no serán monitoreados durante la reunión, pero pueden ser respondidos en los próximos días.
- Haga clic aquí para ver el Video en Vivo.
A new security fence restricts access to our campus during school hours, and all visitors and volunteers will gain access through the gate in front of the main office only. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office. Additional security measures will be shared as our year unfolds.
Discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Kent! Find your neighborhood route and Safe Routes to School neighborhood captain to plan your eco-friendly school transportation for the new school year.
- If you are driving Kent, please review the Carline Map for the appropriate procedure for drop off and pick up.
- If you want to avoid the Carline, use this Kent Map for park and walk routes.
Become Your Safe Routes to School Neighborhood Captain!
Do you enjoy getting out of your car and helping your neighbors do the same? SRTS is looking for new Neighborhood Captains to join the force (especially in Greenbrae, Berens and Murray Park). Please contact Safe Routes Coordinator, Tanya Vernitsky if interested.