Welcome to Kent Middle School!
800 College Avenue, Kentfield, CA 94904
Telephone: (415) 458-5970
Fax: (415) 458-5973
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. school days.
- Please note: Some Wednesdays after 2:00 p.m. office may be closed due to staff meetings.
Bacich Principal Search
Please contribute your thoughts on who the school's next leader should be by completing this short form.
A committee of teachers, school staff, administrators, and parents is needed to paperscreen and interview the top candidates, and to recommend a final choice to the School Board. If you are interested in participating on this committee, please email Superintendent Liz Schott. Committee membership requires at least three full days, so please take that into consideration prior to volunteering to help.
Find a Carpool – Save Time – Reduce Traffic
Kent families, if you live too far to walk or bike to school, please consider carpooling. Forty-two percent of Kent students arrive daily in a single-family vehicle.
Safe Routes to School and the Kent Eco-Action club have designed a carpool campaign to help link families who would like to carpool. It's easy. Enter your contact information in the link below:
6th Grade Families: Tdap Booster Requirement
Your child will need the Tdap booster vaccine to enter the seventh grade in the fall. If your child has not had this vaccine, please make an appointment with your health care provider as soon as possible and bring the updated vaccine record to the Kent Office. If your child has had this vaccine, please bring the updated vaccine record to the Kent Office.
- More information on school immunization requirements.
- Record must be provided to the Kent Office by Friday, February 21, 2020
Laurel Yrun, RN Credentialed School Nurse
Incoming 5th Graders: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- Wednesday February 26, 2020 or March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
- Please complete the Proof of Residency form and bring documentation with you.
5th - 7th Grade ONLY Private School Application Instructions:
- Please contact Lisa Sandberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not send teacher requests for teacher recommendations directly to teachers, all transcript and teacher recommendations need to go through Lisa Sandberg.
Yearbook Order Code: 7587
For ordering help, call The Yearbook Order Center toll free at 866-287-3096 or email us at email@example.com. The Yearbook Order Center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Llama al 866-287-3096 si necesitas un operador en español.
On this sign-up link, you will find all Kent volunteer opportunities. Please join us and volunteer for one or more of these roles. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions on role and/or time commitments. Thank you for all you do for our school!
Aeries Email Delivery Issues?
If you think you haven't been receiving emails you should have received, please be aware that many email vendors mis-identify legitimate mass-maile7587d communications as "spam" or "junk" mail. Here is a set of instructions to "whitelist" Aeries/SignalKit as a "safe sender" with some of the most common email providers.
Keep in mind that you can always view ALL messages that have been sent to you on your Aeries Communications Feed, either online or in the Aeries Mobile App - available for free download for Apple or Android.
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, March 3, 2019 at 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Conference Room
- All are welcome to attend. Please join us!
February 17-18, 2020: No school/Presidents' Recess
Friday, February 21, 2020
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- Special Board Meeting, 3-6 p.m., District Office
Wednesday February 26, 2020
- Incoming 5th Graders: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- First meeting of the Technology Committee of the Board-postponed, new date to be determined
Monday, March 2, 2020
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
- Kent Site Council Meeting, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Office Conference Room
- DELAC Meeting, 5:45-7 p.m., Bacich Library
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
- Bacich ELAC Meeting, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Bacich Room 12
Monday, March 9, 2020
- KSPTA Meeting, 8:30-10 a.m., Bacich Room 33
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- Graduation fundraiser – pizza lunch
Thursday, March 19, 2020
- KSPTA Community Education: Child Disrupted Film and Panel Discussion, 7-8:30 p.m., Kent MP Room
Friday, March 20, 2020
- 5th and 6th Grade Games Night hosted by KSPTA, Kent MP Room
New Student Registration
Incoming 5th Graders: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020 or March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m.
Tdap Booster Vaccine Records Due for 7th Grade Registration: Friday, February 21, 2020
"Marin’s best public elementary school? Website declares winner."
School Board and District Committees
- The Kentfield School District Board of Trustees engaged in the difficult work of identifying $1 million in expenditure reductions for the 2020-21 school year. Read about the process and results here.
Next Regular School Board Meeting: Tuesday, March 10, 2019 at 3:30 p.m. in the Kent Library
- Meeting begins at 3:30 p.m., budget discussion begins at 5 p.m.
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting. When available, the PDF of the Agenda will be posted here.
- Board Meeting Highlights: January 14, 2020
Technology Committee of the Board - postponed
- New date to be determined.
- Come to the first meeting of the School Board's new Technology Committee. All interested parents and staff are welcome.
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 5:45-7 p.m., Bacich Library.
- School-age child care available.
Safety Committee Meeting - postponed
- The new date will be posted here.
- Tuesday, April 14, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
A new security fence restricts access to our campus during school hours, and all visitors and volunteers will gain access through the gate in front of the main office only. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office. Additional security measures will be shared as our year unfolds.
Discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Kent! Find your neighborhood route and Safe Routes to School neighborhood captain to plan your eco-friendly school transportation for the new school year.
- If you are driving Kent, please review the Carline Map for the appropriate procedure for drop off and pick up.
- If you want to avoid the Carline, use this Kent Map for park and walk routes.
Become Your Safe Routes to School Neighborhood Captain!
Do you enjoy getting out of your car and helping your neighbors do the same? SRTS is looking for new Neighborhood Captains to join the force (especially in Greenbrae, Berens and Murray Park). Please contact Safe Routes Coordinator, Tanya Vernitsky if interested.