Welcome to Kent Middle School!
800 College Avenue, Kentfield, CA 94904
Telephone: (415) 458-5970
Fax: (415) 458-5973
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. school days.
- Please note: Some Wednesdays after 2:00 p.m. office may be closed due to staff meetings.
5th - 7th Grade ONLY Private School Application Instructions:
- Please contact Lisa Sandberg at email@example.com.
- Do not send teacher requests for teacher recommendations directly to teachers, all transcript and teacher recommendations need to go through Lisa Sandberg.
- Teens In Transitions: Strategies for Informed, Responsible Decision-Making seminars for eighth grade students will be held at Kent on November 22nd, as well as two days at the Branson School in Ross on November 25th and 26th.
- The parent letter details background information that is essential for your understanding of the development and objectives of this program.
"Marin’s best public elementary school? Website declares winner."
On this sign-up link, you will find all Kent volunteer opportunities. Please join us and volunteer for one or more of these roles. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions on role and/or time commitments. Thank you for all you do for our school!
Steps we will take in the event of loss of power at one or both of our schools:
- If power is turned off while school is in session, we will keep students in class through the end of the regular school day unless doing so is unsafe.
- If there is a confirmed power shutdown scheduled for a subsequent school day at one or both schools, the District will close both schools and communicate the closures in whatever formats are available as soon as possible.
- If power is restored prior to 5:00 a.m. on a school day when a closure has been announced the day before, the District will open the schools and communicate that news in whatever formats are available as soon as possible.
- All information related to school closures and reopening will be posted to our District and school websites, and will be communicated through Aeries email and direct feed as long as power allows.
- If one school is scheduled not to have power, both schools will be closed.
Aeries Email Delivery Issues?
If you think you haven't been receiving emails you should have received, please be aware that many email vendors mis-identify legitimate mass-mailed communications as "spam" or "junk" mail. Here is a set of instructions to "whitelist" Aeries/SignalKit as a "safe sender" with some of the most common email providers.
Keep in mind that you can always view ALL messages that have been sent to you on your Aeries Communications Feed, either online or in the Aeries Mobile App - available for free download for Apple or Android.
A new security fence restricts access to our campus during school hours, and all visitors and volunteers will gain access through the gate in front of the main office only. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office. Additional security measures will be shared as our year unfolds.
Become Your Safe Routes to School Neighborhood Captain!
Do you enjoy getting out of your car and helping your neighbors do the same? SRTS is looking for new Neighborhood Captains to join the force (especially in Greenbrae, Berens and Murray Park). Please contact Safe Routes Coordinator, Tanya Vernitsky if interested.
Friday, November 8, 2019
- Book Fair, 8-10 a.m. and 12-4 p.m.
Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Community Event: Kentfield/Greenbrae Town Hall with Supervisor Katie Rice, 10-11:30 a.m., Kent Middle School Library
Monday, November 11, 2019: No school
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- School Board Meeting, 5-7 p.m., District Office
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Walk and Roll to School
- kik Board Meeting, 7:30-9 p.m., District Office
Thursday, November 14, 2019
- Transition to High School with David Sondheim, Principal of Redwood High School, 6:30-8 p.m., Kent Library
- Parents and 8th grade students
Friday, November 15, 2019
- Documentary Viewing - All School Read: The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind, 5-7 p.m., Kent Library
- Event RSVP
- Free event; pizza and refreshments will be sold
Saturday, November 16, 2019
- Kid Wind Maker Day, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., Kent MP Room
Monday-Tuesday, November 25-26, 2019
- 8th Grade Teens in Transition program
Wednesday-Friday, November 27-29, 2019
- Thanksgiving Recess
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Conference Room
- All are welcome to attend. Please join us!
2019-2020 Student Registration
School Board and District Committees
Next Regular School Board Meeting: November 12, 2019 at 5 p.m. in the District Office
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting. When available, the PDF of the Agenda will be posted here.
- Board Meeting Highlights: October 15, 2019
Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 5:30-7 p.m., Bacich Library.
- School-age child care available.
Discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Kent! Find your neighborhood route and Safe Routes to School neighborhood captain to plan your eco-friendly school transportation for the new school year.