Welcome to Kent Middle School!
KSD Community Office Hours
Join KSD Superintendent and Site Principals on Tuesday, March 2nd from 5:00pm - 6:00pm for an update on KSD’s plan for the spring trimester. Families will receive updates about COVID-19 in our community and plans for further expansion of educational programs, including the design of KSD’s Full In-Person instructional program. Information provided will assist families with completing the third trimester survey. This event will be recorded and posted to the KSD website if you are unable to attend. (Zoom link sent in ParentSquare)
District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC) meeting, 6-7 p.m.
Kent Principal Chats: March 12; April 16; May 14; 9:15 a.m.
COVID-19 Exposure Reporting Procedure
If a Kent student or staff are exposed to COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19, please call the Kent Office 415-458-5970 immediately and leave a message for Jeanne Sellers detailing the following:
- Name - First and Last
- Date of Exposure or Test Positive
- Contact Information - Email or Phone Number
Designated staff will be checking messages for district sites two times daily for the duration of the break.
Marin County COVID-19 Testing
Public Health Testing – Curative: Marin County Public Health offers five-day a week community-wide Curative COVID Testing opportunities. Appointments will be opened 4 days prior to testing day. For more information click here.
Whether your family is insured or not there are free and easy testing options in our county.
- Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Safety Program (CSP) - posted 1/27/2021
- Kent School Site-Specific Protection Plan
- KSD Student & Family Handbook (Tier I - Stay-at-Home Version) - English version - update forthcoming (3/1/2021)
- KSD Student & Family Handbook (Tier I - Stay-at-Home Version) - Spanish version- update forthcoming (3/1/2021)
- COVID-19 Safety Decision Tree for Schools - English and Spanish - Updated 3-1-2021
Kent Video Tour for In-Person Instruction
Local Construction Projects - Information on College of Marin and Sir Francis Drake Boulevard projects
Pedestrians Crossing College Avenue
Please remember to activate the flashing signals when using the crosswalk. During the demolition of the COM Learning Resource Center, large trucks will be entering and exiting the driveway near the crosswalk. This important safety feature is the only way vehicles exiting the driveway know that there are pedestrians in the crosswalk.
Resources and Information
School Lunch Program: Information and Free & Reduced Lunch Application
- Our website has been recently updated with information and resources for homeless and foster youth according to the McKinney-Vento Act, which defines homeless children and youths as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
- Power Outages, Extreme Heat, Air Quality, and Winter Weather
- Check the Air Quality
School Board and District Committees
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
- Virtual Board Meeting Video Archive
- School Board Letters to the Community
- Board Meeting Highlights and Meeting Minutes Archive
Board Meeting Highlights are posted online and emailed/texted to KSD families. In these highly unusual times, we encourage you to read them closely and direct any questions or concerns to our Board President, Heather McPhail Sridharan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Incoming Superintendent, Raquel Rose (email@example.com). Feedback is always welcome and valued.
Getting To and From Kent Middle School
All visitors to Kent Middle School must enter school grounds through the main office. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office.
- Please consider walking or biking to campus. Visit Safe Routes to School to discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Kent!
800 College Avenue, Kentfield, CA 94904
Telephone: (415) 458-5970
Fax: (415) 458-5973
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. school days.