Welcome to Kent Middle School!
The KSD is hosting COVID Testing on Tuesday, April 13th at the KSD District Office.
This resource is open to the community and all are welome and encouraged to participate.
REMINDER – Quarantine After Spring Break (April 5-9)
Please reference the Public Health Decision Tree (Tier III - Orange) to determine medical quarantine following the Spring Break Recess. Thank you to those families who have already submitted this form which will assist the KSD in planning for your child’s program during quarantine. We request families submit their form by Tuesday, March 30th.Please contact KSD School Nurse, Laurel Yrun at email@example.com with any questions related to quarantine and/or public health guidance.
Starting Monday, March 29th, KSPTA is offering daily lunch service through the School Foodies program at Kent only.
Kent Principal Chats: April 16; May 14; 9:15 a.m., link sent in ParentSquare
COVID-19 Exposure Reporting Procedure
If a Kent student or staff are exposed to COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19, please call the Kent Office 415-458-5970 immediately and leave a message for Jeanne Sellers detailing the following:
- Name - First and Last
- Date of Exposure or Test Positive
- Contact Information - Email or Phone Number
Designated staff will be checking messages for district sites two times daily for the duration of the break.
Marin County COVID-19 Testing
Public Health Testing – Curative: Marin County Public Health offers five-day a week community-wide Curative COVID Testing opportunities. Appointments will be opened 4 days prior to testing day. For more information click here.
Whether your family is insured or not there are free and easy testing options in our county.
- Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Safety Program (CSP) - posted 1/27/2021
- Kent School Site-Specific Protection Plan
- KSD Student & Family Handbook (Tier I - Stay-at-Home Version) - English version - update forthcoming (3/1/2021)
- KSD Student & Family Handbook (Tier I - Stay-at-Home Version) - Spanish version- update forthcoming (3/1/2021)
- COVID-19 Safety Decision Tree for Schools - English and Spanish - Updated 3-29-2021
Kent Video Tour for In-Person Instruction
Local Construction Projects - Information on College of Marin and Sir Francis Drake Boulevard projects
Pedestrians Crossing College Avenue
Please remember to activate the flashing signals when using the crosswalk. During the demolition of the COM Learning Resource Center, large trucks will be entering and exiting the driveway near the crosswalk. This important safety feature is the only way vehicles exiting the driveway know that there are pedestrians in the crosswalk.
Resources and Information
School Lunch Program: Information and Free & Reduced Lunch Application
- Our website has been recently updated with information and resources for homeless and foster youth according to the McKinney-Vento Act, which defines homeless children and youths as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
- Power Outages, Extreme Heat, Air Quality, and Winter Weather
- Check the Air Quality
School Board and District Committees
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
- Virtual Board Meeting Video Archive
- School Board Letters to the Community - March 22, 2021
- Board Meeting Highlights and Meeting Minutes Archive
Board Meeting Highlights are posted online and emailed/texted to KSD families. In these highly unusual times, we encourage you to read them closely and direct any questions or concerns to our Board President, Heather McPhail Sridharan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Incoming Superintendent, Raquel Rose (email@example.com). Feedback is always welcome and valued.
LCAP & Strategic Plan Advisory Committee Meeting: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Getting To and From Kent Middle School
Safe Routes to School
Construction Work | March 24 - April 2
Ash Avenue to McAllister Avenue at Sir Francis Drake Boulevard
For the next two weeks, there will be numerous construction activities on Sir Francis Drake Boulevard between Ash Avenue and McAllister Avenue. A designated path for pedestrians will be maintained through the work area on the north and/or south side of Sir Francis Drake Boulevard. Please use an alternate crossing at College Avenue or Laurel Grove Avenue to avoid the construction area when possible.
Wolfe Grade Crosswalk Activation Postponed - updated March 15
The new crosswalk being installed at the intersection of Wolfe Grade and Sir Francis Drake was scheduled to be ready for use on March 12. However, because of some unexpected issues needing to be resolved, there will be a delay in its activation. We will share details about the new opening date for the crosswalk as soon as we have more information.
Important Information About New Crosswalk Near Bacich
As you plan for your child’s walking and biking safety to/from school, please be aware that a crosswalk is being installed at the Wolfe Grade and Sir Francis Drake intersection, located in front of Bacich and Sloat Nursery. The crosswalk will be ready for use on March 12th. So, when considering your child’s route to school, please plan ahead for this change.
Even though the new crosswalk crosses Sir Francis Drake heading towards Bacich, for student safety, we have made the following recommendations about its use:
- Students should continue to use the current route they’ve been using going to/from school.
- Kent bicyclists should proceed down to the Laurel Grove crosswalk to cross with the crossing guard as they do now, and then proceed down McAllister to school (instead of using the new crosswalk and riding through Bacich campus).
- Kent and Bacich walkers should continue to use the overpass or the Laurel Grove crosswalk.
Please share this with your child, particularly if they travel independently to school. Thank you for your partnership to ensure our Bacich bears and Kent falcons travel safely to and from school!
If you have questions regarding this recommended route to school, feel to contact Tanya Vernitsky, Safe Routes to Schools representative, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, this is a link to neighborhood route maps from Safe Routes to Schools. Thank you!
All visitors to Kent Middle School must enter school grounds through the main office. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office.
- Please consider walking or biking to campus. Visit Safe Routes to School to discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Kent!
800 College Avenue, Kentfield, CA 94904
Telephone: (415) 458-5970
Fax: (415) 458-5973
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. school days.