Welcome to Kent Middle School!
Raquel Rose, Superintendent and Midge Hoffman, KSD Interim Chief Business Official presented an overview of the anticipated KSD COVID Relief funds from the state. The webinar provided information about the funds and how the community can offer input on how to prioritize this resource.
Marin Public Health School Update Recording: View the recording from the May 3 update on vaccination distribution, testing, and other pertinent information for schools.
Kent Principal Chat: May 14; 9:15 a.m., link will be sent in ParentSquare
In-Person & Distance Learning Instruction Information – reporting procedures, exposure dashboard, safety plans
COVID-19 Information and Resources – vaccine and testing information, public health resources
Everyone who lives or works in Marin and is 16 years old or older may receive a vaccine.
- Marin County COVID-19 Decision Tree Guidance - English & Spanish Version - Know when to stay home and what to do when you or your family don't feel well or have engaged in what is categorized as a high-risk activity (e.g., any mixing of households, non-essential travel). - updated 3/29/2021
Resources and Information
School Lunch Program: Information and Free & Reduced Lunch Application
- Our website has been recently updated with information and resources for homeless and foster youth according to the McKinney-Vento Act, which defines homeless children and youths as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
Marin County Office of Education Extreme Weather Information – Power Outages, Extreme Heat, Air Quality, and Winter Weather
School Board and District Committees
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
Visit the School Board page for the archived videos of board meetings, letters to the community, agendas, and minutes.
District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC) meeting: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 6-7 p.m.
Local Control and Accountability Plan/Strategic Plan (LCAP) meeting: Wednesday, May 12, 4-5:30 p.m.
Getting To and From Kent Middle School
Safe Routes to School
A new crosswalk has been created at Sir Francis Drake and Wolfe Grade and opens today. We continue to support students using the overpass for the safest way to and from school.
- Students should continue to use the current route they’ve been using going to/from school.
- Kent bicyclists should proceed down to the Laurel Grove crosswalk to cross with the crossing guard as they do now, and then proceed down McAllister to school (instead of using the new crosswalk and riding through Bacich campus).
- Kent and Bacich walkers should continue to use the overpass or the Laurel Grove crosswalk.
- Learn more at Safe Routes.
Here are the neighborhood route maps from Safe Routes to Schools.
All visitors to Kent Middle School must enter school grounds through the main office. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office.
- Please consider walking or biking to campus. Visit Safe Routes to School to discover the best and safest route to walk, bike, skate, to Kent!
800 College Avenue, Kentfield, CA 94904
Telephone: (415) 458-5970
Fax: (415) 458-5973
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. school days.