May 8, 2020
Greetings Kent Community,
On Tuesday May 12th (6th and 8th grade) and Wednesday May 13th (5th and 7th grade) students will have the opportunity to return to the Kent campus to pick up personal belongings that remain at school.
We have created protocols, procedures, and a schedule that will provide for maximum student safety and appropriate physical distancing. This linked plan, schedule, and map provide more information about when each student can come, what to prepare for, and what to expect while at school for this purpose. I have captured some of the most important considerations for this experience below.
- The schedule provides your child with a 30-minute window of time when he/she can be on campus, organized by grade level and by first name
- Only students and staff will be permitted on campus during this time
- All school staff and children over the age of 12 will be required to bring and wear nose and mouth covering
- 5th grade students will look for a bag with their name on it in front of their classroom with all belongings from the room in the bag
- 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students should bring a bag with them to empty academic lockers and PE lockers of all contents
- School staff will be orchestrating student movement around campus following arrows indicated on the map, as well as supervising in all quads and common areas to ensure that students follow physical distancing requirements
- Students will not have access to any indoor spaces, with the exception of the locker rooms for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders, and the office
Please note that your child’s participation on these days is optional, and that belongings left at school will be placed in a bag in the office with your child’s name on it.
Planning for important springtime events like 4th to 5th grade Step up Day, Kent Karaoke Competition, 8th grade graduation, and more is well underway. While presenting these events to our community from a distance presents challenges and limitations, there are also new possibilities and ways to leverage new formats for unanticipated improvements. I look forward to continuing on that journey together, this spring and beyond.
In closing, if you know that your child will not return to Kent in the fall, please contact Lisa Sandberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any relevant information on enrollment that will help us with planning.
Thank you for the many words of encouragement and support during Teacher Appreciation week this week; our community truly values its educators, and we feel it.
Student Schedules for Week of May 11th:
- 5th Grade Student Schedule
- 6th Grade Student Schedule
- 7th Grade Student Schedule
- 8th Grade Student Schedule